Sep 9, 2010

Been around...

We've had a lot of fun travels this summer.
We went to California...
It was really special for Briggs to hang out with his Grammy & Papa
Lake Powell...
Bryce and I went wakeboarding together
Bryce did tricks over my head
Notice, I was afraid for my life
I did my own little tricks. Observe MASSIVE air below!
Briggs even got out there on his 1st wakeboard run at 18 months old and LOVED it.
We had lots of toddler skinny-dipping going on.
I was afraid that Briggs would fall/jump into the water without a life-vest. Mainly because, that's something he would do. But I didn't have to worry. He loved the water, and has actually since learned how to hold his breath under water and tread/dog paddle in the water without a life vest.

Salt Lake, Utah...
We welcomed my Brother Doug home from his mission from Mexico City, and sent my other Brother Russell out on his Mission to Columbia.
Park City...
Doug brought home the family some native Mexican outfits. We had a lot of fun dressing up.
Bryce and I went to the Olympic village and went bobsledding.
Bryce felt like it was the most intense thing he has ever done. Ever.
Washington D.C...
We attended the Restoring Honor Rally hosted by Glenn Beck. It was AWESOME!!!
There were SO MANY people there for the same reason we were. We LOVE our Country.
I made Bryce take me over to the Lincoln memorial the morning of the Rally at 5:00 a.m to get a spot. It started at 10:00 a.m. There were already thousands of people there. I got a decent spot, but the crowds were amazing. After the rally was over and the huge crowds were dispersing, we got a cool picture of the Lincoln memorial where it was held.
and yes, I SAW Abe Lincoln. alive!
Bryce was able to give a press conference behind the Presidential podium.
We loved Washington D.C. Especially the rally and viewing all our nations historical monuments/documents.
It was super cool.


Briggsie is cuter than ever lately.
He was a little trooper through our travels.
Now we are home and Briggsie has become a ninja ...
When I pull out my camera he makes it clear that he doesn't like it.
...threatens my life.
Thank goodness he can't remain a bully for long.
We had a fun Summer.
Briggsie misses his Cousins, Aunties, Uncles, Papa's, & Grammy's

7 comments:

the Eggett's said...

First off, it was so great to see you a few weeks ago at Doug and Russ' mission "party".Too bad we didn't get to see each other much when we lived 60 miles apart :) I think it is so awesome that you guys went to the 8-28 rally! I would have loved to be there.

your wakeboarding in Lake Powell looks pretty awesome too. I would have freaked to have somebody flipping over the top of me!

Adrienne said...

yay! i love your summer recap. what a fun few months you guys have had. wish we could've been in DC with you. oh well, we'll have to plan our hawaii getaway asap :). but most of all i love that little briggsie. those pictures are amazing. seriously, you need to start making money off your talent. i'll be your first customer. seriously missing you guys.

april millar said...

Briggs is the Cutest thing in the entire world!! ps I will send you my 8/28 pics if you will send me your park city pics...

Monica said...

Love the pics! Looks like you guys had an AWESOME summer! I can't believe Bryce was doing tricks over you...oh wait...yes I can. He is amazing on the wakeboard! Briggs is just the little man...too cute! Thinking about #2 yet??? :)

Ruthie said...

After 10 or more looks (I'm addicted to Briggsie) I fianlly decided to write a comment. Thank you for helping make all the fun happen while we were together this summer. Thanks for sharing your California family Fun too. Love it! I MISS YOU GUYS! I miss Briggsie!
Love,
Mom

Mark and Juli said...

Those must be Lindsey butts. They are just alike. Mark

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Sarah we miss our family in CO so much. It hurts looking at these pictures of Briggsie. He's darling.