Nov 18, 2009

Surgery

Today Briggs went into surgery for his spine.
He has a low-lying conus.

He got to ride into the hospital in his own wagon carrying all his and Mommy's luggage in order to stay a couple nights to recover.

He knew something was up and was a bit clingy.
He loved the fishies in the fish tank.
Before his surgery he was able to dress in the hospital garb and was extremely curious with all the nobs, buttons, and new things to press and play with in the room.
He figured out that the mattress was bouncy and Luuved jumping on the bed
The wait was quite long and without food or drink all morning, he became silent, still, and somber. Not like him at all. Around 1:30 he finally went into surgery after a long delay.
We were able to go into the operating room with him to watch him go under anesthesia. We had to wear our special hospital uniforms. Briggsie obviously thought we looked weird. He kept staring at us with intense curiosity. It was cute.
We're glad to report that the surgery went perfect.
Briggsie did so well and was extremely brave.
We want to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for us this day.
We felt your support and love and we want to thank you SO MUCH!

17 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

He's the CUTEST little patient EVER. We love him and we're so glad that everything went well. He's so brave. Can't wait to see the boy over thanksgiving. IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG. Love you guys so much.

Adrienne said...

We're so glad everything went well. We were thinking about him and you guys all day. I can't hold back tears every time I think about it. He's so cute and so big! I can't wait to kiss that sweet face. Love you.

Tom and Nan said...

We're so happy the little guy did so well. We were concerned all day. My emotions are at the surface as I think about little Briggs without his big smile. We're still thinking about you during this recovery period. Keep us posted as to his progress. Love you lots.

Trevor and April said...

I am so relieved everything went well! We pray for the recovery to go swiftly and smoothly. LOVE YOU

Joy For Your Journey said...

What a relief!! I am glad all is well. I know you expect everything to be fine, but it is still hard not to worry. Best of luck during the recovery.

Dave and Camille said...

We're so glad that everything went well, I know that must have been completely stressful! Good luck with the recovery.

Nedra said...

I am so glad Brigg's surgery went well. What a lovely post to show your love and concern for your little guy. He is a lucky boy to have a mommy and daddy who love him so much. It shows in every picture.

Elise said...

We didn't realize that Briggs was having surgery, but we are so thrilled to hear it went well! We miss you guys. One of these days we will meet Briggs.

Ruthie said...

Sarah, Bryce and Briggsie, I feel like Nan, emotions very close to the surface thinking of our happy little grandson. I'm sending you so much love.
MOM

Ryan and Kimmi said...

Hi Sarah! I just started a blog for Ryan and I and remembered you showing us yours a while ago, so I typed your names into google and found you! I'm so happy that Briggs' surgery was successful. I can't imagine how difficult that was for you guys, but obviously God took incredible care of him. Hope all is well...I don't know if you heard, but we are expecting twins in May!
-Kimmi Carlos (Ryan's wife)

Dan and Melissa said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. Sam called my mom and I and told her she was fasting. It's so good to hear his surgery went well. I can tell how concerned his daddy looks and how brave his mommy is being.

The Little's said...

So glad to hear that things are going well...do you have plans for Thanksgiving? We'd love for you both to come share it with us if you don't! Also...did you guys move in yet? We can help with anything!

Sharon & George said...

I'm thrilled everything is O.K.

Layton family said...

I didnt know! HOw horrible to have to see your boy go through that! But how wonderful that they can fix him! I hope you are doing ok

Jessett said...

What a brave little man.. Glad to here that everything went well. We will continue to pray for the three of you.

Taylor Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear Briggs needed surgery. It is the absolute worst to see your little baby be taken into surgery. I am so glad to hear everything went well.

Live Well With Judi said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. Your momma and I went to pray for him in special places the day of his surgery. I felt a sweet feeling of peace there and knew things were in the Lords hands. I'm so grateful for his mercies in your lives. I hope Briggs is still recovering well. You have lots and lots to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. Hugs.