Jun 29, 2009

MRI

Briggsie went to the hospital today to get an MRI on his little spine.
He has a little S curve on his lower spine, so the doc just wanted to check it out, just as a precaution.
They had us feed him apple juice hours before the procedure and he was jumping off the walls! We had fun playing around in the hospital room before they came and took him.
I was so worried about having him sedated for the procedure. He's only just a little baby!
Drugs scare me.

We waited for him for about 45 minutes. And it went well. We'll get the results in a couple days.
I was SO HAPPY to know they were done. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not a fan of hospitals.


When he came-to he acted a little drunk, slurring his squeals and flopping his body. But he came out of it fairly quickly and he was back to his cute self.
I love this boy.
By the way... he weighs 17 lbs and is 27 inches long
He's officially doubled his birth weight!

7 comments:

Nedra said...

Sarah- Make sure to let us know how his tests turn out.
What made you go in the first place? I hadn't heard of any news about his health.
I understand completely how you might feel at the hospital. Sometimes it's necessary, but we always hope we never have to use their services.
Briggs is a cutie!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Hospitals scare me too. I hate the smell and the food. Briggs had good company. he's the cutest little drunk boy I've ever seen. WE MISS YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH.

I'm sad he has doubled his birth weight already. Where has all the time gone? Come visit.

Joy For Your Journey said...

Sarah,
Why did he need to have an MRI? I sure hope all is well. He sure looks like a healthy little guy. But please let us know what they were looking for and how the tests turn out.

Dave and Camille said...

I hope everything is ok! I wouldn't have been a fan either - I'm glad you survived as well! Briggs is about the same size as Carly now. She misses her friend! By the way - we bought a jumperoo off of Craigslist - ever since visiting you guys Carly kept trying to jump in her walker. She loves it! Tell Briggs thanks for sharing :)

Tom and Nan said...

I'm so glad all went well. He is so cute and happy despite the hospital stay. Keep us posted. Love you and miss you.

The Ballstaedts said...

Oh that is so sad! I am glad it went well! He is the cutest little boy, he has one of those faces you just want to squeeze.

Ruth said...

The thing is, I can't stop looking and laughing at Briggsie! I JUST LOVE HIM!